Friday, April 30, 2010

Birthdays and Coupons!




Last week Paul turned the ripe age of 28 and we celebrated with a night out. We had a nice dinner at Red Robbin with a free Birthday meal coupon and then headed to the movies to see Date Night. We loved the movie and laughed our faces off; we were quoting it the rest of the night and week! We ended our evening at Iceberg for a free Birthday Milkshake. This is Paul's faaavorite dessert ever and I stealthily put a candle in it before it was served to him! It was a lovely Birthday night out and we saved money too!!

Using coupons and freebies shouldn't be a sign of cheapness, it is a sign of being money savvy and money smart. I prefer to make home made cards too! My cards often rhyme and have stick figure drawings-- Hallmark has nothing on me! Homemade cards allow for personalization and can save a few bucks that you can spend on the gift. I also reuse gift bags and tissue paper, but that's a whole other blog on Reusing & Regifting!

My Birthday is coming up and I made a little wish list with coupons attached for Paul! Not all of us are blessed with the desire to seek out coups; hopefully at least one member of the household is and can pass them along. Also, remember to give a gift from the heart: a homemade card!!!

My perfect Heaven will be full of coupons and buy one get one free offers!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Joel and I are totally the same way!
    Share your fav coupon websites!!!
    I love Frugalgirls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kim, you are so smart! Thanks for making me laugh and for visiting!!! It's great to get together.

    ReplyDelete