Friday, September 17, 2010

St Marteen Vacay Sept. 2010










We all made it to St. Maarten in one piece with all of our luggage!! We got settled in and adjusted to the "island pace" there is a lot of waiting and many things that don't work on the island-and that is just how it is! The prices were high at restaurants and at the grocery stores. We tried to be savvy and purchased pancake mix, eggs, frozen pizzas and then went out to eat here and there too. On the 1st full day we went on a bus tour that took us through the French side and Dutch side in a quick over view. We stopped at Orient beach for an hour and one side is a nude beach and my mom was overly excited to see what that was about, but when it came down to it, we didn't venture "to the dark side!" There is one main road that circles the island and there are lots of hills and cliffs and crazy drivers. There are round-abouts and you just have to plow in there...no one lets anyone in-ever! Also, motorcycles just drive in the middle, between cars, whenever they want and there isn't much of a side walk, yet lots of peeps walking and narrow roads, so that's a fun game. We went on a sunset cruise around the island and there were fish jumping and a double rainbow--like scenes from a movie. It was beautiful and lots of fun! One day we rented jet skis. I didn't love it. You have to be balanced and plus there are waves and I was so afraid to fall off in the deep ocean. Paul says "Are you loving this?" screaming over the motor and I say " I am hating this." so he takes me to shore and goes on his own. Everyone kept pressuring me to try again, but it scared me to death...my arms hurt from grabbing Paul so tight and it was only for 5 mins. I can appreciate it-but its not for me. Since when did I become such a wuss??? One day my mom and Krystle went on a snorkeling tour and had a really great time seeing tons of fish. That day, me Paul and Katelyn and Jess went back to Orient Beach and rented a boogie board...I mostly just sat on it to avoid touching things!!! hahaha, but it really was fun, even thought I am afraid!! :) We took a bus to Phillipsberg-the Dutch capital. We walked around in the muggy air and everyone wanted to sell us t shirts and jewelry! We also took the bus to Maho Beach and watched the planes fly right over our heads!! Other than that we didn't make many structured plans. Lots of relaxing and swimming. This was definitely an adventure that I will cherish forever!!!
It was also my and Paul's 3rd anniversary while we were there--what a way to celebrate!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Glad to read about your awesome vacation! I love the pic of your parents dancing! Ignore that email i sent you asking how it went...Spencer looked at it this post with me and began shouting "Roe, ROe" when he saw your dad! Then he started blowing when he saw your mom, It's funny how he just doesn't forget stuff! So what do you say about 18 seconds into the music video? It sounds like you little bugar?? Anyway it looks like you had fun and i loved getting a flavor of the cool music. ttyl!

    ReplyDelete