Sunday, April 10, 2011

26 Weeks

Paul and I went to a wedding a couple weeks ago and I had to document the occasion of wearing full on make up and I even spent a few extra minutes with the hair straightener! I still wear light makeup and comb my hair for work, but it's my five minute routine so I can sleep in as long as possible! Then after work it's into the sweats and baggy shirts I go!
At 26 weeks along or shall I say 14 weeks to go (eek, exciting and scary) I am feeling pretty good and have a decent amount of energy. I wish I was "showing" more as my tops are getting shorter and tighter, but not in a distinctive baby bump way. I think I might start wearing those T shirts that say "baby on board" or something about a "bun in this oven" because I think the overall population is waaaay more friendly toward prego peeps than to overweight gals that are getting out of breath by just breathing!!!! It's not a cute compliment to hear, "Wow, you're 5 months along? I can't even tell you're pregnant." Umm thanks? My parents got me a maternity shirt for Christmas and I try it on every week, but alas, it is still looking like just a whole bunch of extra material in the front... Oh well!! (I'm trying to force a bump pic below!)
Paul and I have been getting Henry's room ready. We set up the crib on Saturday and it was actually a very smooth process. Simba and Teddy approve! We also got some storage bins from ikea and I'm not sure if there will be room for some sort of rocking chair eventually.
We also registered last week and had fun looking around and scanning EVERYTHING!. There is SO MUCH stuff for a baby! We are going with a jungle and monkey theme.


We can't wait to meet Henry ______ Lopez. Middle name suggestions are welcome! We have been reading lots of books to prepare, saving money to cover my maternity leave, sometimes I sit in his room and think about him and Paul has even read him a story or 2... I am definitely at the sentimental/hormonal stage!!!!!! We are so excited to be parents and Knuckles will be a great protective big brother. He always wants to sit near my stomach and lay on me-I think he senses some changes are coming.
We definitely have baby on the brain... can't wait until he's in my arms!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice crib! Your mom told me how it was a great deal for ya! The room is coming along great! I think it looks like a "baby bump" and expect rude peeps all pregnancy long! Everyone told me, "you look like you're gonna pop" and I still had 3 months to go with Spence!!! I hated any pregnancy comment usually. I love the jungle and monkey theme! Awesome! Where are you registered? I can't wait to see you all this summer!!!!! Miss ya

    ReplyDelete