Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fully Committed!





32 Weeks 5 Days Prego! That Leaves 51 days until the baby is here. Paul and I are fully committed to the name Henry- it just feels right! Plus we crafted his name with wooden blocks, so there's no turning back now!!
Henry's room is pretty much ready. My mom and BFF, Kreesh, will be in town next week and get to check it out. I am super excited to see my peeps!
I feel like there is probably more to do and prepare, but what? Paul and I signed up for a birthing class at the end of June. I don't think about the actual birthing of Henry too much because it freaks me out. I can't wait to meet him and hold him; but the pushing and the ickyness makes me nervous! I have mentally blocked that portion for now and it's keeping my anxieties down till the time comes.
I sit here and ponder what will he look like? Will he have light or dark hair? Will it be coarse like his dad's and we'll have to buy industrial hair gel? Or will it be wavy like mine so we'll keep it short? I think about his first Halloween costume, first Christmas... I don't want to go too overboard with gifts as he'll probably be equally entertained with the bow vs the toy. I wonder if Knuckles will lick his face or want to nibble on him? I wonder how Paul and I will handle little sleep and sharing responsibilities. Oh and one of the big, burning questions: will we ever decide on a middle name?! So many thoughts and 51 more days until some of them can start being answered!!!

3 comments:

  1. What if he's early and you have him before the birthing class?! Then you will have to go off of what you've seen on TV and in the movies!

    Also, I still like Henry Oliver or Henry Harrison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I love the name Henry. What about "Paul" for a middle name? Also, the block letters that spell out his name are super cute! I am excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute sign! I can't wait to see it all hung up with the little man asleep in his crib! YOu and Paul did a great job putting it together! I am glad you signed up for birthing classes, they are fun to make fun of while you are there, but could help if needed when the time comes. I like your idea of keeping labor and delivery off your mind for as long as possible! That's what i did too! Once I had the epidural it was HEAVEN...YOu will do great KIm!

    ReplyDelete