Monday, August 22, 2011

Henry Cruz Lopez

The Day was Monday July 11th
The time was 6:34 pm
The pain was excruciating
And it was absolutely worth it!!
Henry Cruz weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 22 inches long.

On that Monday morning, Paul's alarm went off at 5:30am and I informed him my contractions were 7 mins apart for a couple hours now. I didn't feel the need to rush to the hospital, but I knew I didn't want Paul to go to work and leave me alone for the day... so we made our way to the University of Utah Hospital and I was hopeful that I was dilated enough to get the party started!
Sure enough, I was admitted and they broke my water. The anesthesiologist was extremely busy and apparently there is only one???? so I had to wait FOREVER for my epidural and then it didn't take so after more waiting I got more meds. The Dr informed me that the baby's head was turned and we'd have to go C Section.
So we headed to surgery and I was getting feelings back in my legs and turns out my epidural actually came out. Whhaaaatttt? So I had to hunch over and go through contractions for 40 mins while they tried to figure that mess out and give me another. I was pretty upset and I wanted to tell that anesthesiologist where to go! Then the meds kicked in times 10,000 and I thought I was falling off the bed at one point and panicked for the nurse to help me but was informed I wasn't falling and just said, "Oh."
It all happened so fast. Paul was with me, holding my hand and then we heard the high pitched eagle screeches from our baby boy!!!!
Paul brought him over to me and I saw his swollen features and full cone head of hair.
Then Paul scurried off to the nursery to update the fam and get Henry settled. The nurse must have been an ex nascar driver as she raced my bed through the halls!! I had to puke... but there was nothing to do it in, so she cleverly ripped off the pillow case and I did my dirty deed. I was sooo numb, it took a few pitiful heaves to accomplish the task.
The fam was very supportive! My mom was able to hop on a flight from Phoenix and made it to the hospital in time. Paul's parents, my sis Katelyn and Paul's sis and kids came to support as well. I was super numb and out of it for my first time holding my baby. It was surreal. Paul and I are parents... EEEEEKKKK!!! Haha!And that's the story of Henry's Birthday... more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds Rough! I hope you are recovering well. He is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete