Thursday, January 6, 2011

Announcing:

Drum Roll Please...It is time to announce baby Lopez! Paul and I found out we are expecting just before Thanksgiving.

We headed to Phx to share the news with my parents. We thought it's be cute to take a family picture and Paul said, "Say cheese" then he took another and said, "Say Kim's pregnant!" We were hoping to capture my parent's surprised faces...but they held their smiles for the pic and through their teeth murmured, "Whaaaaaaat?!!"

We decided to wait until Christmas to tell Paul's side of the family on Christmas Eve. We had Paul's parents unwrap a gift that included a little note and a Utes One-sie. The note read, "To my grandma & grandpa, you'll hold my hand for a while and my heart forever! I can't wait to meet you around July 15th!" (I can't get the video of this to upload, but I'm working on it!)

I am currently 13 weeks and with minor night sickness and lots of crackers-- we're doing just fine! The ultrasound on Wednesday was amazing. Paul squeezed my hand as we saw our little baby for the first time! Hearing that little heartbeat was such a relief and an eye opener of our new life to come. We have been trying to start our family for a while now and are so grateful that the journey has begun! I took about a dozen pics of the ultrasound so I could include it in this post... tried different angels and without flash... but any way you slice it, it's shaping up to be our precious lil alien!!!

3 comments:

  1. KIM!! That is wonderful! You will be such a good and fun mom. I am so happy for you guys. You will LOVE being parents! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Kim!! My dad is super excited for you. Apparently, my dad was told by your super excited dad. My dad called me; I assumed he wanted to know how my trial went or how my coroner call went, .... NOPE, he wanted to ask me why I had not told him sooner that you were pregnant (with the ulterior motive of saying I wish you were preggo too). LOL!! Congrats. We should actually talk soon. We haven't talked in years (very possibly decades... ) Sending my love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That's a great shot! Love the post and glad it's announced:) We are so happy for you guys! I already marked the shower on the calendar (and I'm not sure it's set in stone?), even though there's a big chance I won't be there...Ah!!! so exciting! This will be a killer sweet summer!

    ReplyDelete